Monday, April 13, 2009
Made for a friend as a super special request.
2 matching black pettiskirts
These came together very quickly, and without too much hassle (for a change). I managed to take some photos as I was making them this time so I can hopefully finish off my pettiskirt tutorial (finally).
My girls had to model them before they were delivered to their new owners.
It is a wee bit large on my small framed dd (she’s probably more of a size 1 across the shoulder) but it also fits my large 4 yo as a shorter sleeved shrug - (pics to come when she’s home from kindy) so it’s going to get plenty of wear. It’s a shame that my big girl doesn’t really suit red.
Yarn: Woolganics in Chilli
Row 1 - P7, pm, P20, pm, P7
Follow pattern doing 23 repeats
Sleeves were done for 6” then 10?? Rows of twisted rib pattern.
Body of shrug is same as pattern SS for 11rows
Picked up stitches then continued twisty rib pattern all round
This was my first big adult knit - scary - but I love having something for me. It’s my gift to myself for losing weight (9ish kgs now) - I promised myself something for me and in a good yarn too (and that i can now knit a smaller size it was quite exciting). I love it - I wear it all the time. I went for short sleeves so I can wear a long sleeve underneath.
Closeup of the twisty rib
Yarn: Woolganic in Raindrops - 7 balls
This woolganic is absolutely gorgeous to knit with. The drape of the fabric is lovely. It’s squishy and snuggly. What more can I say.
Mods -I knit neck on 3.25mm and body on 4.5mm and in 8ply.
6 bust decreases…followed by 3 waist increases.
Length from underarm increased to about 17inches.
Hem in twisty rib instead of moss stitch.
A lovely quick knit for a friends new baby girl (I made something in 6mth rather than nb as I know she’ll be spoilt for choice with nb stuff)
Pattern: Oriental Lily
Yarn: The Wool Company Orchard (my favourite colourway sadly deleted and merlot.
Mods: - short sleeves - as I think it would look cute over a long sleeved onesie.Longies
Pattern: Picky Pants Longies
Yarn: The Wool Company Merlot
Mods: knitted in 8ply instead of worsted
Keeping to tradition of being a procrastinator - the night before the show I decided the girls needed something special to wear to the show. So I went stash diving and pulled out some wiggles fabric and just a plain white poplin.
The pattern that I used was the Portrait Peasant Dress designed by CarlaC aka "the scientific seamstress" - It was really quick to sew up. I love how Carla has given so many possibilities for the top/dress and explains all directions clearly. This would be a perfect pattern for a beginner as the instructions are thorough.
Izzy chose Dorothy and she decided that Em wanted to be Henry (good old big sister talking for the younger non talking sibling)
This was my first attempt at Applique and I'm not keen on repeating the experience - it was so fiddly (especially at 11pm at night - I really should start thinking of these projects sooner than the day before they are needed)
Here's an after the show shot - food, show purchases and waiting for our chauffeur aka Dad
I'm hoping my tutorials will find their ways over here as soon as I figure out how to do so - atm you can find them at my Old Blog both the pettiskirt tutorial and the frou frou tutu tutorial can still be found there and I'll still be answering questions from there too, Just new projects will be on this blog.
So bookmark me and hopefully I'll be offering up some crafty goodness for your viewing pleasure.
Hope to see you around